Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 4

Today was an easy day, and we were done with around 20 minutes to spare in the period. We glued our braces on today, when we were struck with a truth: we weren't connecting the wood on the sides, but with beams going across. At first, I was a little nervous, but Michelle said not to worry, and that it would be fine the way it is. I was relieved, but then another problem struck: when I kept trying to put the bracing on, the wood from under it would brake. It was getting really annoying, so when it happened the first time, I just taped the wood back together. The other few times I used the tip of a pin to spread glue around, which solved that issue. Other than my extreme clumsiness and a fact not realized, today went really well. We still have 56" of wood to go, so I am not worried at all. For the future, I know to be a little more careful when it comes to handling my wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment